2012 was an emotional rollercoaster ride, my adult re-visitation to puberty, my mid-mid life crisis, my….you get the drift 2012 was an experience of massive growth and change! It had its ups and downs as I truly settled into Ghana.
Though I moved to Ghana in 2011, I was nicely buffered by a friend who hosted me, guided me through my first few months. I was also crazy busy with work and nursing a broken heart and trying to figure out how I deluded myself for so long! In November of 2011 I moved into my own place and that is when my real move to Ghana happened.
If you followed my blog you saw my issues and challenges with…well…everything, however as I sit here now I know it was all necessary for me. I have grown ridiculous amounts to the point where I can even recognise it. I feel more confident of myself and abilities, I have learnt (and continue to learn) what is really good for me in regards to:
- Environment – Hot and Sunny
- People – Discerning as to who I allow to be close to me and how I will accept being treated
- Ambition – I am and can do business on my terms, there is no cookie cutter model that I have to follow to the letter…I’ll do it myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyy (we’ll check back to see how that works lol)
- Money – Whoooooooo that is a whole other blog to itself but in short I can sum it up in ‘I now have control over money, it does not have any control over me’ – Affirmation: I have a Millionaire Mind (I f you see one of the seminars for this go, thank you Bernard Acheampong – life changing event xxx)
The list goes on.
I can honestly say at the moment as much as possible I am living life on my terms and loving it, the good and the bad!
So 2012 in point form (no particular order):
- Managed my challenges like Tim Murray never gave up and managed to defeat my opponents…finally…until the next time!
- Realised how much I miss and love my friends and family = boxing up emotions DOES NOT WORK through social media I have found a way to stay connected!
- Saw my best friend have a beautiful baby and can empathise with how men must feel when their wife/ partner have a baby and suddenly they lose a bit of the person they love to this wonderful little person! It’s a challenge but you’ll adjust
- Went to the OLYMPICS…next year World Cup Brazil whose with me!!!!!
ME at the Olympics…you can’t tell me there is no Laws of Attraction – last minute free ticket to Athletics
- Got interviewed on TV and Radio
- Secured £250,000 in sponsorship money
- Got burned in business and through it learnt my true worth
- Spoke at an international conference and it felt great!!!!
- LEARNT TO DRIVE whooohooo – Two favourite driving moments my first long distance road trip to another region (1 major reason I wanted to drive), the freedom and independence it has given me to be girl about town
- The ridiculous amount of car issues I have had to deal with has chopped my money BUT taught me about car parts, mechanics and been a great first car for practice and dealing with lifes little crisis! Driving is SUCH a metaphor.
- Having more friends relocate to Ghana, hats off to my ladies!!!!
- Doing my first Silk Solutions event in the UK and have it be an oversubscribed sell out (don’t wait until the last minute people next ones in March )
- Saw more of Ghana thanks to friends and the excellent Adventure Junkies = Ghana is beautifully beautiful, I love it here
- Met the Ex-President of Nigeria Obasanjo and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (He inspires me) all thanks to a wonderful network called Africa 2.0
2012 was a big year, a transition year. 2013 is the year of doing and achieving! I am filled with excitement and the knowledge that good and bad, easy or challenging I can face it all!
I am changing and I am so bloody glad J
Happy New Year peeps!!!!
P.S Haven’t made as much progress in the old love game but I truly think I wasn’t ready…I’m ready now heeheeheee I’m coming to get yah!